I’m so excited to offer eyelash extensions to my Regina clients. I have finally settled on a brand of Eyelash Extensions.
What Are Eyelash Extensions?
Eyelash extensions are individual lashes which are professionally applied with a special adhesive. These individual lashes are placed on top of your own natural lash. Tah dah….longer, thicker, more beautiful lashes
Semi-permanent Eyelash Extensions are long lasting, weightless and look like a natural human eyelash.
Whatever your reason for looking into eyelash extensions. Eyelash extensions are perfect for a special occasion or just because you want to feel pretty every day. They are so natural looking, no one will know they aren’t your own.
How long do the eyelash extensions last?
Everyone is different. Lash extensions will last for the life span of your natural lash, typically six to eight weeks. Most clients have their lash extensions filled every two to three weeks to keep them looking lush and full.
READ MORE ……How long do eyelash extensions last?
Do lash extensions cause your lashes to fall out?
Having lash extensions will not “cause your lashes to fall out”. With that said, if you pull your lash extensions off, then you’ve pulled out your natural lash. Many first time clients are not aware that natural eyelashes have a life cycle. Your eyelashes grow and then fall out, just like your hair everywhere else on your body. We don’t notice small natural lashes when they fall out. When an eyelash extension is attached to a natural lash it is thicker and longer and we notice when it falls out.
When your extensions are removed it is a little shocking because you’ve had a longer, thicker lash. Many clients feel that their eyes seem smaller and of course natural lashes are shorter and thinner that a lash extension.
How are lash extensions applied?
A tiny synthetic lash is secured to your own eyelash. Neither the adhesive or the artificial lash contact your skin. Your eyes cannot be opened during the service. There is absolutely no discomfort and most people fall asleep.
How long does it take apply a full set?
Depending on the number of lashes being applied, a full set of extensions will take between 1 1/2 to 2 hours.
Touch-ups or fills will take 45 minutes to 1 hour.
Can I use mascara?
Mascara is not recommended. Eyelash extensions are designed so that you don’t need to use mascara. Most mascaras contain ingredients that will damage and dissolve the bonding agent on your extensions. Mascara can shorten the life of your extensions.
Can I swim, shower and exercise while wearing Lash Extensions?
Yes, the adhesive is waterproof.
Can I use Eyelash Curlers with Eyelash Extensions?
Your extensions will have a beautiful natural curl. An eyelash curler is not needed and will damage your extensions. I love my eyelash curler and didn’t know if I could give it up. I was so excited when I realized I didn’t need an eyelash curler anymore.
Is this harmful to my natural lashes?
No! Lash extensions are applied on your own natural eyelashes one by one. I do not touch the skin with either the lash or adhesive. The extensions are flexible and comfortable.
READ MORE …… Do Eyelash Extensions damage natural lashes.
Can the eyelash extension be removed?
Absolutely. Removing extensions is a simple and safe procedure.
Please do not try to remove eyelash extensions by yourself. You need to have them removed professionally. Pulling, tugging or picking off a lash extension will cause damage to your natural lash.
Are eyelash extensions suitable for everyone?
If you have a natural eyelash, you can enjoy lash extensions.
- If you have an eye infection or have undergone an eye operation or cosmetic surgery:
- Once you are healed you can have eyelash extensions applied.
- I cannot apply lash extensions for anyone suffering with alopecia.
- I cannot apply lash extensions for anyone undergoing chemotherapy.
- My best friend just finished chemotherapy and lost all of her eyelashes. If you have finished chemotherapy and your lashes are starting to grow back, you can definitely enjoy eyelash extensions.
What other eyelash services do you offer?
Will my eyes look older with extensions?
Actually the opposite is true. Extensions create a youthful appearance. Your eyes will appear lifted and more open.
Do you run specials?
Visit my Facebook Page for special offers and announcements.
UPDATE – you no longer have to avoid showering, steam rooms, massages and facials after lash application. .
- To clean your eyelashes, use a pointed cotton swab and an oil-free makeup remover .
- Do not use an eyelash curler.
- Avoid mascara…you’re not going to need it!!Avoid facing the shower or running water directly on your lashes.
- If you really need to use mascara. Apply it from the middle of the last to the tip.. Avoid root area of the eyelash.
- You can wear mascara that has been approved for lash extensions. Most brands of mascara contain ingredients that will break down the adhesive. I carry a full line of products which include mascara, makeup remover, and sealant. These products will prolong the life of your eyelash extensions.
- Never ever!!! wear waterproof mascara. Waterproof mascara cannot be removed without damaging the adhesive.
- Headbands are trendy when you are going to the gym. A headband will prevent sweat from dripping in your eyes.
- Be gentle around your eyes…try not to rub your eyes
- Do not pull on your lashes (this may cause your natural lashes to come out prematurely)
Lovin Lashes! Lets connect on…